The Twentieth Century Club of Buffalo is considered to be one of the oldest and most historic private women’s clubs in the United States. Located at 595 Delaware Avenue in the heart of downtown Buffalo, the club was founded in 1894 by Miss Charlotte Mulligan.
The Twentieth Century Club reflects the growth of the national women’s club movement and the increased influence of women generally in American life. It was officially designated among the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior in June of 2011.
The elegant classical revival clubhouse, designed by the late legendary E.B. Green, serves as an important reminder of the city’s outstanding architectural history. The building played an important role during the Pan American Exposition in Buffalo and continues to host some of the most important events in the city.
*Please visit the foundation link for any upcoming events